Thursday 24 October 2013


  "I will find my way to the Pacific to the island known as Kona a fist of white stones and I will write you like the poem that you are".  Carrie Rudzinski has a way with words in her poem "Open Letter To The Last Person I Will Ever Love", as she speaks of her adoration towards her last love.  She enunciates each special thing in a way that leaves you with a feeling what she has felt  "you are the only voice in the night I will ever call back to", "you are everything and nothing like what I have waited for" and in the end she says she has "a hope that I'd never dream of you so I am constantly discovering what I have".
  Sarah Kay starts off with a line from Richard Siken's poem by saying "everybody needs a place; it shouldn't be inside someone else" and so as she goes on to perform her poem she is trying to give off the message of being smarter then some people may make you feel, knowing your boundaries and to "not mistake yourself for a gurdian" beacuse you can be stonger and "you were born to build".
 

No comments:

Post a Comment